[j-nsp] virtual router, M or J?

Dale Shaw dale.shaw+j-nsp at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 05:33:59 EST 2011

Hi Richard,

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 6:42 PM, Richard Zheng <rzheng at gmail.com> wrote:

> SRX seems to be a really good candidate. It looks like all models have
> almost identical features, the only difference is performance. I will buy a
> SRX100, maybe even 2 to test high availability.

I can only speak for J and SRX as I have no first hand experience with M ...

I recently did some performance testing of SRX240, J6350 and SRX650 --
in terms of pps, they come out in that order; SRX240 is out-performed
by J6350 which is out-performed by SRX650. That might seem obvious as
it's the same sequence dollars-wise but just because J is an older
platform doesn't mean everything SRX is 'better'.

If the SRX240 meets your pps needs, it's a great box; dirt cheap for
what it can do. It's a big leap price-wise from SRX240 to SRX650.

Cheers,
Dale