[j-nsp] Too much packet loss during switchover on MPLS network

Keegan Holley keegan.holley at sungard.com
Mon Mar 14 14:15:20 EDT 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 1:25 PM, Diogo Montagner
<diogo.montagner at gmail.com>wrote:

> Do you have FRR enabled on the LSPs ?

Node protection and link-protection is the same thing as fast re-route.

Is it configured correctly though?  You have to configure a secondary path
under protocols mpls and then enable it for FRR/node protection.  You can't
just enable it and have it work.
Also, what does the topology look like?  Could you just be waiting for
customer routing/spanning tree?  Even without FRR your lsp's failover at the
speed of your IGP when a link is shut down.  None of them take 41 seconds.