[j-nsp] Too much packet loss during switchover on MPLS network

Doug Hanks dhanks at juniper.net
Mon Mar 14 15:16:30 EDT 2011

Spanning tree?

-----Original Message-----
From: juniper-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net [mailto:juniper-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Gökhan Gümüs
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2011 12:14 PM
To: Keegan Holley
Cc: juniper-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [j-nsp] Too much packet loss during switchover on MPLS network

Thanks for the updates...
Yes i enabled node-link-protection and link protection respectively.
Results are same. LSP change from primary to secondary occurs immediately as
i can see it from mpls logs.
I have no problem on it.
I am talking about customer traffic. Customer is sending ping packets
continuosly and during that time i shut one interface down which is
triggering a transition from primary to secondary.After that customer
experienced packet loss for 41 seconds.
MPLS LSPs are being used for VPLS traffic. I have no visibility on Layer 3
side on customer.

Kind regards,
Gokhan Gumus