[j-nsp] sflow on 2x EX4200 VC - no sflow data send

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Tue Mar 15 12:27:40 EDT 2011

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 02:15:52PM +0000, Giovanni Bellac wrote:

> The problem is, that the VC is not exporting sflow data to the
> collector.

We found a number of sFlow issues in our testing. For example, it didn't
actually export any data at all on routed interfaces until 10.2. Of
course it's not actually useable for us until they fix some of the
missing fields (like dst ifindex and nexthop, added in 10.4 I believe),
so our testing was very limited. Actually it probably won't be usable in
our production systems until the fix the lack of a netmask field (i.e.
it'll tell you that the dst IP is 1.2.3.4, but they don't send the field
to tell you that the dst route was 1.2.3.0/24), so we're still waiting
to do anything serious with it. :)