[j-nsp] 10.0 or 10.4?

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Tue Mar 15 18:27:22 EDT 2011

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 11:13:33PM +0100, magno wrote:
> I can confirm, 10.4 is the first JUNOS release developed with a new
> methodology.
>
> This would allow Juniper to catch much more bugs before releasing the code
> than in the past.

Such as 10.4R2 not showing transceivers on 16-port 10GE MPC in "show
chassis hardware" anymore, but 10.4R1 did? :-)

Our RANCID caught that on on of our lab MXes within less then one hour
after upgrading the box. Systest didn't - or it wasn't deemed a
show-stopper for release.

Other than that, our lab and field trials of 10.4R1 + 10.4R2 went
astonishingly well. Except abovementioned bug we didn't run into any
issue yet (knocking on wood - broad MPC deployment ahead).

We're currently waiting for R3 to have that bug fixed and another
general sweep of bugfixes (and hopefully no new issues).

Best regards,
Daniel