[j-nsp] SRX 650 reth interface load balancing

Stefan Fouant sfouant at shortestpathfirst.net
Thu Mar 17 08:34:28 EDT 2011

You absolutely do not need this policy for load-balancing across a LAG or
RETH interface.  This happens automatically through hashing across the
member interfaces within the bundle.

Forwarding-table load-balance export policies only come into play when there
are MULTIPLE next-hops for a given route.  With a LAG or RETH interface,
they all appear to be a single logical interface, therefore there aren't
MULTIPLE next-hops but rather only a single next-hop.  You can safely remove
the export policy with no effect on the RETH interface.

Stefan Fouant, CISSP, JNCIEx2
www.shortestpathfirst.net
GPG Key ID: 0xB4C956EC