[j-nsp] vpls and virtual switches (vlan-id none) not supported

jbuesink at jb-internetworking.com jbuesink at jb-internetworking.com
Tue Mar 22 07:28:13 EDT 2011

Hi there,

I have the following issue:

switch1--(ciscoPE)-----(MX80)----switch2
                                              ----switch3

Switch1 is connected to a Cisco PE
Switch2 and switch 2 are connected to a MX80 in the same bridge domain.

The bridge-domain is configured in the virtual-switch and VPLS is activated.

Now the problem is, previously when I did not needed bridging for VPLS
(and this virtual-switches) I had enabled the command "vlan-id none" under
the VPLS routing-instance.

This command ensures that packets send over the VPLS cloud have their
vlan-tag removed.This ensures interop with Cisco.

Now with virtual switches this command is not supported. This means that
the switches behind the MX have connectiviy but not towards the switch
behind the Cisco PE.

How can I resolve this issue?

My config looks like:

ge-1/0/0 {