[j-nsp] Tower top switch/router recommendation..

Keegan Holley keegan.holley at sungard.com
Wed Mar 23 21:58:51 EDT 2011

> So, I'm looking for some form of stacking router/switch solution that could
> handle BGP/OSPF/~75 MIR and CIR rules per interface with enforcement by
> customer subnet (they are all on the same interface and vlan)/and tcpdump
> for easy debug of customer connectivity problems..
>
> Possible with Juniper? Is so, what device, and what QOS rules?
>
> The EX4200 is the obvious choice.  It supports BGP/OSPF and advanced QOS
features.  Other candidates would be the MX and EX8200's.  There are also
other vendors that make equipment suitable for such an environment.  Overall
it depends on the size of your routing table, what feature you need (MPLS,
security, etc) and what kind of queueing you want to do (ingress, egress,
both, number of schedules, number of policers).