[j-nsp] XFP-10G-L-OC192-SR1

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Thu Mar 24 08:07:57 EDT 2011

Hi folks.

These are "10KM" optics - how short of a run can you use them for?  We have
several of these spared at the moment and I'd like to use them for
connections between MX480's in the same rack. will they run too hot?

The specs on the Juniper site show:

Transceiver model number                         XFP-10G-L-OC192-SR1

Optical interface                                               Single-mode

Transceiver type                                              XFP

Standard                                                              IEEE
802.3ae-2002

Maximum distance                                         9/125 SMF cable:
6.2 miles/10  km

Transmitter wavelength                               1260 through 1355 nm

Average launch power                                  -8.2 through 0.5 dBm

Average receive power                                 -14.4 through 0.5  dBm

Receiver saturation                                         0.5 dBm

Receiver sensitivity                                         -14.4 dBm

Thanks,

Paul