[j-nsp] M7i

Doug Hanks dhanks at juniper.net
Thu Mar 24 12:33:10 EDT 2011

I would suggest the MX80.

Doug

-----Original Message-----
From: juniper-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net [mailto:juniper-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of cjwstudios
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 11:50 PM
To: juniper-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: [j-nsp] M7i

Hello Juniper folks :)

I'm setting up a remote metro ethernet site (fiber in a closet) that
will have 2 x 100mb BGP transit feeds and a smattering of IGP feeds.
The traffic will be service provider transit without inspection, NAT
or other services.

Since everything is cost sensitive these days I initially planned on
implementing an ebayish 7206vxr-npe-g1.  Although I was quite happily
slinging the 7206 around 10 years ago I realized tonight that it has
been 10 years and the 7206 platform is well aged.   M7i (M7i 2AC 2FE
w/ RE400,PE-1GE-SFP) are quite common on the secondary market now and
likely more than enough to get started.  Although trunking multiple
metro FE feeds to a single GE port will be frowned upon I may consider
this as an option.

I suppose my questions are whether a base M7i config out of the box
will support this application or if there are better options out
there.  Thank you in advance.