[j-nsp] M120 cFPC 10G VLAN SUPPORT

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Sun Mar 27 23:40:05 EDT 2011

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011, Jake Jake wrote:

> If I can have a config snippit it would be great.

Since a few people asked about this, I figured it would be OK to post to
the list.

The configuration of an 802.1q trunk on a cFPC interface really isn't much
different from configuring an 802.1q trunk on similarly capable
interfaces.  You can configure different sub-interfaces with different
MTUs.  The physical interface (and whatever is at the other end) should
be using an MTU that's as large as, or larger than whatever you're using
on the sub-ifs.

interfaces {
     xe-0/0/0 {
         description "10G trunk for XYZ aggregation";
         vlan-tagging;
         mtu 9192;
         unit 100 {
             description "Customer A";
             vlan-id 100;
             family inet {
                 mtu 9000;
                 filter {
                     input CUST-A-INGRESS;
                     output CUST-A-EGRESS;
                 }
                 address xxxxxxxx/27;
             }
             family inet6 {
                 mtu 9000;
                 filter {
                     input CUST-A-V6INGRESS;
                     output CUST-A-V6EGRESS;
                 }
                 address xxxxxxxx/64;
             }
         }
         unit 101 {
             description "Customer B";
             vlan-id 101;
             family inet {
                 mtu 1500;
                 filter {
                     input CUST-B-INGRESS;
                     output CUST-B-EGRESS;
                 }
                 address xxxxxxxx/29;
             }
         }
     }
}

This is on a 10G cFPC in an M120:

FPC 0            REV 05   710-015908   xxxxxx            M120 CFPC 10GE
   PIC 0                   BUILTIN      BUILTIN           1x 10GE(LAN/WAN) XFP
     Xcvr 0       REV 01   740-014279   xxxxxxxxxxxx      XFP-10G-LR

jms