[j-nsp] Juniper BGP based VPLS interoperability with other vendors

Phill Jolliffe phill at saddlebacksolutions.com
Tue Mar 29 10:30:39 EDT 2011

I have no configs go hand but have done with VPLS with J and C no problem.
Can you post the following?

"show bgp sum" and "show bgp neighbor" for peering with the huawei PE
in question. I assume you peer directly with the huawei and not via a
RR?
"show conf routing-instance" for vpls instance
"show route table bgp.l2vpn.0"

Do you have any hidden routes received form the huawei PE? If so do
you have an inet.3 resolve for the BGP protocol next hop?

If there is a mis match in local and remote PE route-targets the
bgp.l2vpn.0 will not hold a copy of the huawei advertisement as they
will of been discarded as non matching. Only RR or boxes with keep-all
would hold non matching RT's

Phill