[j-nsp] RE-850 memory/ram refurb

Jonas Frey (Probe Networks) jf at probe-networks.de
Wed May 4 09:31:24 EDT 2011

I am pretty sure that its PC133/ECC SD-Ram but you can just grab the
part number off the memory thats installed and look it up. Most likely
its SMART memory (which is hard to find and also very expensive). Normal
PC133/ECC SD-Ram is fine and works great on RE3/5.

I dont see any reason why you would replace the harddisk with another
harddisk. Just go for an SSD and you'll most likely never ever have to
worry about it again. See:
http://juniper.cluepon.net/Replacing_the_harddisk_with_solid_state_flash

Jonas