[j-nsp] Searching by prefix length

Stacy W. Smith stacy at acm.org
Thu May 5 18:25:34 EDT 2011

One way you could do this would be to write and commit a policy that matches the conditions you want and accepts them, then discards everything else. Then, use the 'test policy' command to display the output.

user at router> test policy foo 0/0

inet.0: 2 destinations, 2 routes (2 active, 0 holddown, 0 hidden)
+ = Active Route, - = Last Active, * = Both

10.210.58.0/26     *[Direct/0] 1w1d 01:48:38
                    > via ge-2/0/0.0

Policy foo: 1 prefix accepted, 1 prefix rejected

Note that the first argument to 'test policy' is the name of the policy to test. The second argument is the range of active prefixes in your local routing table which should be used as input to the routing policy. By using 0/0, your evaluating the policy against all active IPv4 routes in your routing table. Only routes that are accept by the policy will be displayed in the output.

Note, use 'test policy foo ::/0' to evaluate the policy against active IPv6 prefixes in inet6.0.

--Stacy