[j-nsp] MX80 throughput

David Miller dmiller at tiggee.com
Mon May 16 08:47:39 EDT 2011

On 5/16/2011 4:19 AM, Saku Ytti wrote:
> On (2011-05-16 11:41 +0800), Chen Jiang wrote:
>
>> MX80-48T doesn't support scheduling hierarchy compared with MX80, except
>> that, all the same. I don't think you need scheduling hierarchy in your
> It is also missing clocking stuff (uarts, bits, synce).

IIRC the MX80-48T bundle is also restricted in certain licenses that are
available.  We were told at the time we were going through the process
to determine the best upgraded Juniper gear for us (~6 months ago) that
they wouldn't sell us the ADV-R license on a 48T bundle.

http://forums.juniper.net/t5/Routing/MX80-Advanced-License/td-p/52014

These bundles and licensing restrictions and such seem to change daily
with Juniper, so my recommendation would be to give your sales rep your
complete set of requirements and let them muddle through the morass of
different "bundles".  For us this was a (longer than expected) iterative
process of several rinse, lather, repeats.

-DM