[j-nsp] Copy files to RE

Phil Shafer phil at juniper.net
Tue May 17 14:51:32 EDT 2011

"Cyn D." writes:
>I tried to copy(ftp) jinstall file to backup RE but for some reason the Mgmt port on bac
>kup RE is not responsive. Then tried to copy the file from master RE to backup RE but it
> takes for ever - more than half hour still not complete. Just wondering what is the bes
>t way to copy the big file in this situation?

You can copy files between REs using "re0:xxx" and "re1:xxx" as src/dst:

user at cli> file copy re0:/etc/motd /tmp/foo

user at cli> file show /tmp/foo
--- JUNOS 11.2I built 2011-01-18 19:57:42 UTC
At least one package installed on this device has limited support.
Run 'file show /etc/notices/unsupported.txt' for details.

Thanks,
 Phil