[j-nsp] MX, Nat + BGP

OBrien, Will ObrienH at missouri.edu
Tue May 17 20:34:40 EDT 2011

I've been working through a nat configuration on my lab MX960 with a MS-DPC blade that I've borrowed.
To start, I'm trying to create a simple nat'd subnet. However, the NAT guide that I've been provided doesn't really fit my current design.

The example I'm looking at uses a nat pool that's defined like so:
150.150.150.0/24

with an outside interface that has say, 150.150.150.1/24 on it,

Ok.

Well, in my world, I use MX's for BGP announcements. So I'm trying to put the NAT source interface on a lo0 instead of a normal interface.

Is anyone else doing it this way or is there some other sneaky trick I'm missing? So far applying the service filter only seems to break traffic.