[j-nsp] MX, Nat + BGP

Alex alex.arseniev at gmail.com
Wed May 18 01:07:09 EDT 2011

Hello there,
I assume you are trying interface-style service- set (NH-style does not
support service-filters).
Four things you can try:

1/ don't use same subnet on the link and for NAT pool. This is possible but
you have to configure proxy-arp for every host in this subnet.

2/ if you have to use, say 150.150.150.0/30 for link subnet and
150.150.150.0/24 as NAT pool,
configure NAT pool to exclude 150.150.150.0/30:

set services nat pool pool1 address-range low 150.150.150.4 high
150.150.150.255

3/ NAT source interface lo0 does not work by design on M/T/MX, period.

4/ Exclude BGP from being serviced:
set service-filter sf1-in term 1 from protocol tcp
set service-filter sf1-in term 1 from port 179
set service-filter sf1-in term 1 then skip
set service-filter sf1-in term 2 then service
set service-filter sf1-out term 1 from protocol tcp
set service-filter sf1-out term 1 from port 179
set service-filter sf1-out term 1 then skip
set service-filter sf1-out term 2 then service

hth
Rgds
Alex