[j-nsp] SRX policy logging

Stefan Fouant sfouant at shortestpathfirst.net
Wed May 18 15:39:59 EDT 2011

You can do it with apply-groups:

set groups global-logging security policies from-zone <*> to-zone <*> policy
<*> then log session-init
set security policies apply-groups global-logging

> Worse, is there a way to flag the default-policy with a log statement?
> have deny-all and no options that follow, would be nice to catch them
> all
> with a log as well.

Again, you can do this with an apply-group:

set groups default-log security policies from-zone <*> to-zone <*> policy
log-all-else match source-address any
set groups default-log security policies from-zone <*> to-zone <*> policy
log-all-else match destination-address any
set groups default-log security policies from-zone <*> to-zone <*> policy
log-all-else match application any
set groups default-log security policies from-zone <*> to-zone <*> policy
log-all-else then deny
set groups default-log security policies from-zone <*> to-zone <*> policy
log-all-else then log session-init
set security policies apply-groups default-log

HTHs.

Stefan Fouant, CISSP, JNCIEx2
www.shortestpathfirst.net
GPG Key ID: 0xB4C956EC