[j-nsp] netflow sampling problem in 10.2

Chris Tracy ctracy at es.net
Thu May 19 16:52:17 EDT 2011

>> What do you get if you run "show sample summary" or "show sample [association | instance]" after connecting to your FPC ("start shell pfe network fpcX") ?
>
>    Total samples accepted:       606849979
>    Samples accepted:                  1048
>    Total samples accepted:       606926864
>    Samples accepted:                  2333
>    Samples dropped:                      0
>    Total samples accepted:       606950396
>    Samples accepted:                  2191

So clearly it _is_ sampling.  If you are really sure that flow packets are not being exported, they could be getting dropped in a number of different places.

The only other places I know to check are:

'show ichip 0 r counters' (look for HNP discards incrementing)
'show ttp statistics' (look for queue drops)
'netstat -p tudp' on the RE (look for "dropped due to full socket buffers")

-Chris

--
Chris Tracy <ctracy at es.net>
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)