[j-nsp] RSVP automesh

Daniel Verlouw daniel at shunoshu.net
Fri May 20 03:57:37 EDT 2011

(replying back to list if you don't mind)

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 17:07, Nick Slabakov <slabakov at juniper.net> wrote:
> http://www.juniper.net/us/en/community/junos/training-certification/day-one/networking-technologies-series/this-week-deploying-mpls/
>
> which has the best description of RSVP automesh functionality I have seen.

On page 110:

   "Lab testing showed that in order for local router to spawn the
RSVP auto-mesh
LSPs, there had to be a labeled route to the iBGP next-hop (the LSP’s
destination) in
the inet.0 table."

^^^ is that a bug or are they serious? How is this supposed to work in
real-life?

>From <http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos10.1/topics/task/configuration/rsvp-automatic-mesh.html>
:

    "Since the IGP distributes reachability information to all PE
routers and already carries traffic engineering information, it can
also distribute mesh group membership information. OSPF and IS-IS can
transmit the traffic engineering mesh group type length values (TLVs),
indicating what group or groups the PE router belongs to and the
address that should be used by other PE routers for establishing an
LSP toward it. Based on the advertisements received and the locally
configured mesh information, each PE router knows which other PE
routers it can dynamically establish LSPs to."

(RFC4972 ??). In any case, I don't see anything in the book about
this? The book only mentions spawning a mesh based on IBGP, not IGP TE
mesh group membership. Any details you can share on this?

BR, Daniel.