[j-nsp] Methods of protecting Junos boxes from users...

OBrien, Will ObrienH at missouri.edu
Mon May 23 22:39:34 EDT 2011

During a maintenance window one of my co-workers had to go swap out a juniper SRX100.
Upon inspection, the file system had been corrupted so much that it wouldn't boot any more.

We suspect that the issue was due to the end users physically power cycling the device multiple times trying to 'fix it' during the planned network outage. (ugh)

Any ideas on ways to harden the os on these things? Is there a read only file system option or something?