[j-nsp] Netscreen Looking Glass

Tim Eberhard xmin0s at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 16:04:10 EDT 2011

All,

While going through some old stuff I wrote I came across a looking
glass web based front end that I wrote for netscreens.

The idea was to mimic the great looking glass type apps that exist for
the routers for netscreen firewalls.

For those that don't know a looking glass app allows users to issue
predefined commands on your devices. Given how limited the netscreens
are with their permissions (read-only or read-write/root) this was
needed for me at the time. This allowed a handful of users to issue
basic commands such as looking at the state of interfaces, pinging,
looking at the local traffic logs, etc.

It's written in python and runs via CGI. Just requires a webserver
loaded with python 2.x and the pexpect module.

Not sure if anyone can make use of it, but I figured releasing it
publicly is better than letting it sit on my hard drive wasting away.

Source, instructions and a screenshot are all posted over on
sourceforge. : https://sourceforge.net/projects/nslg/

Feel free to let me know what you think if you use it.
Thanks,
-Tim Eberhard