[j-nsp] SRX-650 NAT Questions

Paulhamus, Jon jpaulhamus at IU17.ORG
Mon Nov 7 12:16:58 EST 2011

I got clarification from JTAC on this one:

The 131,072 would be if you were using source NAT without translating the port.

Otherwise source NAT would be for 1024 pools * ~65,000 ports per pool.

Static translations - more than 6000 supported.  I totally read this wrong - I hope this helps someone else.

Thanks.

------------------------------

Good evening all:

In regards to NAT on the SRX-650:

In the 11.2 release notes there is a table that states NAT Scaling:

SRX650 (High Memory)

MAX Number of IP Address Translations - 131,072

MAX Number of IP Addresses Supporting Port Translations -  IP's 1,024

MAX Number of Source NAT Pools 1,024

MAX Number of  Destination  NAT pools 512

Is this really stating that the 650's only support of to 131,072 source translations?  I'm hoping that I'm misunderstanding the working of the release notes - this number seems very low if that's the case and I'm afraid that I've chosen the wrong box for my needs if so.

Can anyone clarify for me?

Thanks all.