[j-nsp] Practical VPLS examples (SRX and J series)

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Fri Nov 11 15:01:28 EST 2011

On 11/11/2011 11:42 AM, Mike Williams wrote:
> So. VPLS. Point-to-multiple-point. Virtual LAN. Brilliant!
> I haven't yet found any documentation that I can actually understand though.
> "Note: The site range value must be greater than the largest site identifier."
> is especially confusing. "Range" is one number, bigger than any other, hmm.

I believe this is because of the BGP auto-detection of sites. My guess
is the logic actually runs up the numbers to range, so defining it to
something reasonable speeds up the setup process.

I'm still waiting on power for my lab to test vpls w/ BGP signalling, as
it might screw up my production network and I'd like to see if I can
shift to l2 signaling without dropping the peers. :)

Jack