[j-nsp] Practical VPLS examples (SRX and J series)

Mike Williams mike.williams at comodo.com
Wed Nov 16 08:25:57 EST 2011

On Friday 11 November 2011 17:42:29 Mike Williams wrote:
> So. VPLS. Point-to-multiple-point. Virtual LAN. Brilliant!

I managed build up the courage, and time, to have a crack at this today,
figuring it could take while.
However it took me less than an hour to convert my mesh of l2vpns to a VPLS
instance.

David, your from memory example was almost exactly perfect.
JUNOS gives you 2 options for the VPLS encapsulation (ethernet and
ethernet-vpls, as you suggested), however neither is valid!
Specifying no encapsulation works fine though.

[edit routing-instances VPLS_vr protocols vpls encapsulation-type]
  'encapsulation-type ethernet'
    Encapsulation type not valid for vpls
error: configuration check-out failed

Thanks everyone.