[j-nsp] Does a L3VPN RR require routing-instance for each VRF?

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Nov 29 08:06:22 EST 2011

On 29/11/11 12:55, Keegan Holley wrote:
> Do you have family inet-VPN configured in the group stanza? All the

Yes.

I also have routes in the "inet.3" table matching the next-hops (to
reply to the many people who unicasted me off-list). I have tried both a
static and LDP.

> routes are reflected from the bgp.l3vpn.0 table. You don't have to

This does not occur unless I define a routing-instance. In fact, with no
routing-instance defined, the "bgp.l3vpn.0" table is simply absent.

> define each vrf. If you already configured the address family it
> sounds like it doesn't like your ext. communities for some reason.

Where would the ext. communities come from if I haven't defined a
routing-instance?