[j-nsp] EoMPLS over GRE

Alireza Soltanian soltanian at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 06:38:23 EDT 2011

Hi All

We have following setup too:

PC1---C3550---C2811----C7200---M10----C3550-PC2

There is a GRE tunnel between C7200 and M10. C2811 can reach to M10 via GRE
tunnel between C7200 & M10. There is a continuous LSP between all three
routers. We configured an EoMPLS tunnel between C2811 and M10. The traffic
must be passed from C2811 to C7200 via physical connection and from C7200 to
M10 via GRE. VLAN-ids on both side of EoMPLS tunnel are the same. PC1 and
PC2 have IP addresses from same Range(e.g. 192.168.100.0/24)

The problem is in this setup, when PC2 ping PC1, traffic is dropped on M10
ingress interface but C2811 passes the traffic from PC1 to PC2.

This can be checked, by using arp -a on PC2 or show mac-address-table
command on C3550 behind M10. Mac-address of PC1 is learnt on C3550 and PC2
(which is received via ARP request from PC1).

Another interesting point is if I establish the EoMPLS tunnel from
C7200(which uses GRE) , I have no problem. I also must mention I tested
JunOS 9R,10R and 11R and had same problem.

I can send a Visio file and configuration for anyone who has any clue about
this.

Thank you

Alireza