[j-nsp] ISP routing policies survey

Sharon Goldberg goldbe at cs.bu.edu
Wed Oct 5 11:45:52 EDT 2011

Hi all,

Some of you may have seen the recent discussion on the NANOG list,
about how research on interdomain routing could really benefit from a
better understanding of current routing policies. But we researchers
need help from you, the operators, to better understand routing
policies.

So, we created a short survey. Over 60 ops have already taken our
survey, and we need your help to collect responses. The survey should
take under 5 minutes to complete. Feel free to answer all of our
questions, or just a few:

 http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~phillipa/measurement/opsurvey/survey.php

We'll keep the survey data anonymous, and use it to improve research
on interdomain routing and security. We'll also post aggregated
results to relevant mailing lists (here, NANOG, etc).

Thanks to those who have already filled in our survey, and we look
forward to your responses!

Phillipa Gill (U of Toronto), Sharon Goldberg (Boston U) & Michael
Schapira (Hebrew University)