[j-nsp] Strange behaviour MX and VPLS

Martin Levin martin.levin at molndal.se
Thu Oct 6 12:49:02 EDT 2011

Hi,

At https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D6892768_9896580_18584 you'll find a
logical map of a vpls domain connections.

For background information: We have devices in our network that need to
be able to communicate with servers, and sometimes with other devices as
well. To limit mac-adress distribution in our network we want to be able
to run our vpls instances in no-local-switching mode.

If we look at the picture the expected behaviour is the following.

PC1 + PC2 should be able to communicate with everything and everything
should be able to communicate with them.
PC3 + PC4 should be able to communicate with PC1 + PC2 but not with
each other.

Actual behaviour is:

One core (PC1) interface (probably the first in the configuration) is
able to communicate with everything except the other core interface.
Nothing is able to communicate with the other core interface (PC2).
Normal interfaces (PC3, PC4) are able to communicate with core (PC1),
but not with each other.

Nothing in the manual gives any indication that only ONE core-facing
interface is allowed.

Any help to reach the expected behaviour would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Martin
City of Molndal

---