[j-nsp] JUNOS and 128.0.0.0 martian (JFYI)

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Mon Oct 10 22:04:21 EDT 2011

On Tuesday, October 11, 2011 04:59:54 AM Vladimir Blazhkun
wrote:

> +1. I guess nobody cares about intersecting address
> spaces in typical BGP L3VPNs, why to discuss router's
> internals then?

See my previous post.

That's why even with l3vpn's in our environment, we still
stick to private address space when addressing PE-CE links.

Routers have broken in strange ways, and things you've
expected should never happen still do! That's why even
though numbering PE-CE links with public addresses would be
ideal, things could escalate if those routes were to leak
into the global table.

Mark.