[j-nsp] TCAM full on EX8200?

Michele Bergonzoni bergonz at labs.it
Fri Oct 14 03:52:28 EDT 2011

I would like to thank all the people that gave such helpful insights on
this issue.

I think Paul's detailed explanation, and the contributions kindly
provided by Chan, Will, Richard and another person in private email,
close the issue: I am reconfiguring for default routing. I hope people
Googling for "EX8200 full routing table" will get this thread at the top
(hint: always add site:puck.nether.net).

Many of you explained why I was wrong in my belief that wirespeed
routing can only be done with TCAM. For those who want more info on this
issue, this is the very interesting reference that I received in a
private email:

http://www.firstpr.com.au/ip/sram-ip-forwarding/

Thank you very much,

					Bergonz

--
Ing. Michele Bergonzoni - Laboratori Guglielmo Marconi S.p.a.
Phone:+39-051-4392826 e-mail: bergonz at labs.it
alt.advanced.networks.design.configure.operate