[j-nsp] TCAM full on EX8200?

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Sun Oct 16 01:55:01 EDT 2011

On Sunday, October 16, 2011 09:56:41 AM Julien Goodwin
wrote:

> I do object to the "still vaporware", "not due to ship
> until the end of the year" is closer. The main threat to
> the T-series is that 10ge slowly removing the need for
> Sonet/SDH,...

But on the flip side, a lot of folk are still keeping the T-
series in their networks because non-Ethernet ports are
cheaper to do on these units.

On the other hand, Cisco's CRS has lots of dense, line rate
10Gbps capability on a tight budget, by comparison, and can
do non-Ethernet ports reasonably well too, when pitched
against the Ethernet-optimized boxes that ship with a
"patch" for non-Ethernet ports like Cisco's ASR9000 or
Juniper's MX line.

> and if all you need is 10g LAN-PHY the MX
> with the 16-port MIC does it nicely.

There should be a newer version of this line card coming
with WAN-PHY support.

Mark.