[j-nsp] Force IP traffic not to use the LSP path when enabling ISIS Traffic Engineering with Shortcuts

Ivan Ivanov ivanov.ivan at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 15:51:33 EDT 2011

Hi Peter,

IGP shortcuts should import more routes in inet.3 for the purposes of BGP
resolving, as is described in the link below.

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos10.4/topics/concept/mpls-igp-shortcuts.html?searchid=1318793088423

It will not copy anything to inet.0. Do you have eventually 'set protocols
mpls traffic-engineering bgp-igp' in the configuration, as this command will
do exactly what you described?

Hope this will help you!
Ivan,

On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 00:12, Peter K <pjkpub at gmail.com> wrote:

> We are in the process of enabling traffic engineering with shortcuts for
> ISIS on an IP\MPLS based network. As a result of enabling ISIS traffic
> engineering with shortcuts, IP traffic will utilize the LSP paths (inet.3)
> for the forwarding decision.  Is there a configuration feature  so the IP
> traffic will continue to used inet.0 as we enable the ISIS traffic
> engineering feature.
>
> We observed a disruption in our IP traffic when we enabled the traffic
> engineering feature possibly due to the fact in the change of the
> forwarding
> path to the LSP.
>
> Regards,
>
> Peter