[j-nsp] ISG1000 as LNS for Internet-to-Internet calls

Volodymyr Litovka doka at lucky.net
Mon Oct 17 09:07:28 EDT 2011

Colleagues, hi

we have ISG1000 and want to use it as L2TP network server (LNS) for Internet-to-Internet calls. What I mean:

All designs I've seen in documentation, consider ISG1000 as corporate VPN-concentrator like Design #1 @ http://vugluskr.mml.org.ua/~doka/ISG1k.png , i.e. one
interface is Internet-facing/untrusted with default route pointing there and another one is LAN-facing/trusted with LAN's address space.

We want to use ISG1000 in another way - as LNS for Internet-to-Internet calls, where subscribers somewhere in the Internet will connect to ISG1000 using L2TP,
get addresses from our address space and then work with the Internet like they're connected locally (Design #2 at the URL above). In this case ISG1000 will act
as Internet gateway and pass all traffic through single untrusted interface - for both terminating L2TP tunnels and passing connected subscriber's traffic through.

Is it possible to get this done on ISG1000?

Thank you.

--

/doka

Vision without Execution is Hallucination. -- Thomas Edison.