[j-nsp] EX series - LACP flapping during ethernet storm.

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Thu Oct 20 02:57:04 EDT 2011

On Thursday, October 20, 2011 11:52:32 AM Chuck Anderson
wrote:

> This is why when given a choice I always like to design
> L2 networks to not require dynamic protocols where
> possible.  E.g. rely on autonegotiation's Remote Fault
> Indication (RFI) or Far End Fault Indication (FEFI)
> rather than using BFD/UDLD/CFM, use static link
> aggregation rather than LACP, use Virtual Chassis with
> distributed static AE interfaces rather than use MC-LAG
> or STP, etc.

Can you use BFD on pure Layer 2 links?

We've been running LACP for years and had no (major)
problems. Chances are that if your CPU is thrashing enough
to affect LACP, you're going to be having other problems
anyway.

While on the subject, I think LAG's on the EX3200/4200 is
moot. The ASIC's don't load share :-(.

Mark.