[j-nsp] EX series - LACP flapping during ethernet storm.

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Thu Oct 20 10:05:58 EDT 2011

On Thursday, October 20, 2011 09:18:06 PM Chuck Anderson
wrote:

> Not true according to these:

Not according to what we actually saw in the field.

We configured LAG's with LACP and our EX4200 couldn't load
balance any of the traffic.

While those links discuss how the box performs load sharing,
it isn't actually configurable at all, nor does it work. The
issue also affects the EX3200, but not sure about the rest
of the EX family.

We opened a case with JTAC and they confirmed that a
hardware limitation means the switch doesn't actually do any
kind of load balancing over LAG's. JTAC said there are some
internal discussions to write software to "sort of make it
load share", but that's not definite.

We ended swapping the switches out with Cisco's instead, and
got our load balancing working.

Cheers,

Mark.