[j-nsp] vpls loop avoidance

Sebastian Wiesinger juniper-nsp at ml.karotte.org
Fri Oct 21 04:51:45 EDT 2011

* Keegan Holley <keegan.holley at sungard.com> [2011-10-21 00:38]:
> A spanning tree TCN would do it as well.  It would be nice if configuring
> STP at the edge caused the box to TCN when it gives up mastership.  I
> haven't tried it but I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

Yes that would be nice and no it does not. The other way works: I can
tell my VPLS to send a VPLS mac flush message when it receives a TCN.

Sadly that's not very configurable. Whe have the special case where we
have one physical L2 link with many VPLS instances switching single
(or multiple) VLANs from that link for different customers. VPLS mac
flush only works if you configure STP directly in a VPLS instance and
we would need to flush many VPLS instances at the same time.

Regards
Sebastian

--
New GPG Key: 0x93A0B9CE (F4F6 B1A3 866B 26E9 450A  9D82 58A2 D94A 93A0 B9CE)
Old GPG Key-ID: 0x76B79F20 (0x1B6034F476B79F20)