[j-nsp] TCAM full on EX8200?

Pavel Lunin plunin at senetsy.ru
Sat Oct 22 12:27:54 EDT 2011

> Since many of these devices have IPv6 routing capability (with a
> limited FIB size) it is certain that they can look far enough into the
> packet to see as many labels as any reasonable design will require.

I'm not sure this is a correct comparison. See my reply to RAS.

I share your skeptical view of the PTX.

Ups, you got me wrong. I have a skeptical view to that part of marketing
around PTX, which tells us how simple the Express chipset is and how many
benefits this simplicity gives. But I don't want to say the PTX platform (or
the idea behind it) is bad or something.