[j-nsp] how to prepare JNCIE-SP lab

bruno bruno.juniper at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 02:49:16 EDT 2011

thx stefan,

 I have practice JNCIP and JNCIE study guide in olive.  MX box is expensive for me .  maybe i can fine some srx.

  ------------------
  Best Regards,
Bruno

  From:  "Stefan Fouant"<sfouant at shortestpathfirst.net>;
 Date:  Thu, Oct 27, 2011 11:23 AM
 To:  "bruno"<bruno.juniper at gmail.com>;
 Cc:  "juniper-nsp"<juniper-nsp at puck.nether.net>;
 Subject:  Re: [j-nsp] how to prepare JNCIE-SP lab

Bruno,

You might want to listen to the certification webinar we put together a few weeks ago:

http://www.juniper.net/us/en/community/junos/live/111005/#overview

Bottom line, if you can get yourself a single MX you can use logical-systems and logical- tunnel interfaces to emulate a large topology, or in lieu of that you can get your hands on some branch SRX devices and convert them to packet mode.  The following blog article I wrote for the M series exam a while back covers the configuration required if you choose to use MX with Logical Systems.

http://www.shortestpathfirst.net/2010/01/13/preparation-tips-for-the-jncip-mt-and-jncie-mt-exams/

Study material from Junos Class of Service, Junos Multicast Routing, Junos MPLS & VPNs, and the Advanced Junos Service Provider Routing curriculum, and do all the associated labs as they are highly indicative of the type of things you will see on the exam.

Harry Reynold's now out-of-print JNCIP and JNCIE Study Guides are still useful for preparation as well... You can find them in PDF format by searching for them on Google.

Study hard and practice, practice, practice... Learns those tricks like 'load merge terminal relative', 'load patch', copy and paste techniques in conjunction with 'show | display set'.

Another little trick that will save you time when determining aggregates for summarization:

http://www.shortestpathfirst.net/2011/06/21/jncie-tips-from-the-field-summarization-made-easy/

Good luck and may the force be with you!

Stefan Fouant
JNCIE-SEC, JNCIE-SP, JNCIE-ER, JNCI
Technical Trainer, Juniper Networks

Follow us on Twitter @JuniperEducate