[j-nsp] JunosE PPPOE Configuration Problem

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Fri Sep 9 10:13:43 EDT 2011

Hi folks.

Working on a lab configuration with an ERX box.  When a PPPOE user connects
and has  dynamic assignment, they get all attributes they require (ie. DNS
servers).

When we do a static IP assignment to a username, they get no DNS
assignments.  In the Cisco world, this was configured via the IPCP options
and pushed down.

In the ERX configuration I tried to add "ppp ipcp prompt-option dns" under
the default profile (which is what we're using at the moment) and this
didn't solve the issue.

Is that the way that command is supposed to work?

Is there a way to have the ERX push down a specific DNS configuration when a
user connections (which works on dynamic accounts) or do you have to assign
the DNS via Radius attributes on static IP customers?

Thanks very much,

Paul