[j-nsp] What does AS path attribute problem mean?

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Sat Sep 10 00:56:18 EDT 2011

Once upon a time, Mark Tinka <mtinka at globaltransit.net> said:
> On Saturday, September 10, 2011 03:20:34 AM Chris Adams
> wrote:
> > I've got an M10i running JUNOS 9.3R4.4 that is logging
> > the same error about that prefix, but it does not cause
> > the BGP session to flap.  I'm not seeing any unusual
> > behavior beyond the log message itself.
>
> Junos 9.3R2.8 is affected.

Sorry, I was confusing two different odd BGP announcements of the day.
I saw:

rpd[1117]: x.x.x.x (External AS x) Received BAD update for family inet-unicast(1), prefix 212.118.142.0/24

which is not causing any problems on my routers.  I guess that's a
different prefix (and apparently a different problem) than what is being
talked about here (saw the messages about the above prefix on NANOG and
confused the two threads).

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>