[j-nsp] RSVP reserve 100% of interface BW in Juniper while 75% in Cisco? !!

medrees medrees at isu.net.sa
Tue Sep 13 08:32:06 EDT 2011

Dear Chris

      Thanks a lot for your reply, in cisco they by default allow 75% from
the configured bandwidth value under the interface, and it can be changed to
100% also it can support oversubscription by increasing the bandwidth value
under interface to value larger than the actual interface bandwidth (x2, x3
..)

Please clarify more this statement (have 5% of the available
bandwidth/buffer space) as I understood if the interface is completely
utilized using LSP traffic the buffer will be utilized and may starving the
control traffic (please correct me)

Thanks

Best Regards,
Mohamed Edrees