[j-nsp] Using MX router with JunOS Script to DDos detection and Mitigation

Joel jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Sun Sep 18 14:46:28 EDT 2011

Managements of stats (and therefore event correlation) is generally some
not done on the router itself... So netflow gets exported someplace
else, e.g. to a machine running flowtools, nfsen, arbor peakflow etc,
the data is massaged into some meaningfull state and then decisions are
made as to what to do with that information. those decisions may
signaled back to the router using bgp or openflow.

joel