[j-nsp] out of band management - real OOB

Andrew Parnell andrew at parnell.ca
Mon Sep 19 12:16:19 EDT 2011

On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 8:14 AM, Chris Evans <chrisccnpspam2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> One main downfall I'm running into is that I cannot copy or install software
> using the FXP port as my source for traffic. Does anyone know of a command
> that will allow me to select the logical system? The current commands don't
> seem to allow routing instances or logical systems to be specified.

A good workaround for this particular problem would be to scp the file
to the router, rather than trying to source the copy from the router
itself.  I tested this in my lab and it works perfectly as far as I
can tell - for this particular task anyway.  Of course the issue is
likely to pop up in other cases where traffic must be sourced from the
router itself (eg snmp traps, etc).

Andrew