[j-nsp] Next Gen MVPN flooding assistance

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Sep 20 12:17:48 EDT 2011

On Tuesday, September 20, 2011 11:52:35 PM Stefan Fouant
wrote:

> I thought Cisco supported NG-VPN approach now... are they
> still only supporting PIM/GRE only?

Actually, they do, like for the 7600:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/7600/ios/15S/configuration/guide/lsmmldp.html

To be fair, I was focusing on the ASR9000 router, which is
targeted more toward the MX, and is the future for Cisco in
the Carrier Ethernet space. For this platform, p2mp RSVP-TE
support is already there, but NG-MVPN for both RSVP and mLDP
will be coming later.

> On another note, it sounds like you are working on some
> real interesting stuff Mark...

It sure is, I do have to say :-).

Cheers,

Mark.