[j-nsp] full table?

Keegan Holley keegan.holley at sungard.com
Tue Sep 20 13:26:07 EDT 2011

Is it always necessary to take in a full table?  Why or why not?  In light
of the Saudi Telekom fiasco I'm curious what others thing.  This question is
understandably subjective.  We have datacenters with no more than three
upstreams.  We would obviously have to have a few copies of the table for
customers that want to receive it from us, but I'm curious if it is still
necessary to have a full table advertised from every peering.  Several ISP's
will allow you to filter everything longer than say /20 and then receive a
default.  Just curious what others think and if anyone is doing this.