[j-nsp] Ethernet switching support across a chassis cluster for the SRX3000 series

Morgan McLean wrx230 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 16:21:12 EDT 2011

Hi,

Does anybody know if ethernet switching across a chassis cluster on an
SRX3600 (with swfab interface etc) is supported like it is on the 240 and
650 branch models? Juniper has been useless in providing me with an
answer. I really dislike reth groups and have vlans coming from two core
switches that the SRX needs to provide L3 gateways for. Using something like
spanning tree would be extremely useful for me.

As a side question, do I need another SPC and NPC if 10 gig traffic is
flowing between the two SRX's over the fab or swfab connections? That would
be another interface and bandwidth to account for...or is that included with
SRX capabilities?

Thanks!
Morgan