[j-nsp] Request for help from the community

Humair Ali humair.s.ali at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 11:19:55 EDT 2011

*Is there interest in:

- VPLS Multihoming scenarios?
- Enabling Spanning Tree on the PE towards the CE per VPLS instance?
- Enabling the use of P2MP LSPs for BUM traffic*

Definitely yes for all the 3 above,

regarding the P2MP LSP for BUM traffic, I would ideally like to see some
best practice/design for firewall filter on the PE's to limit/reduce the BUM
traffic

Also Design considerations about H-VPLS would be nice, so solutions with LDP
mesh-groups , as well as on using Route Reflector in BGP based VPLS.

Cheers

On 21 September 2011 15:13, Stefan Fouant <sfouant at shortestpathfirst.net>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am in the process of writing some literature regarding VPLS and would
> like to ask you, the Junos user community, to provide some insight into what
> you would like to see in embodied in such a work.
>
> What are some of the areas with which you feel need more clarification,
> either from a theoretical standpoint or in practical implementations,
> additionally, what areas do you feel the VPLS documentation is lacking and
> warrants better examples.
>
> Is there interest in:
>
> - VPLS Multihoming scenarios?
> - Enabling Spanning Tree on the PE towards the CE per VPLS instance?
> - Enabling the use of P2MP LSPs for BUM traffic?
>
> As many suggestions as you can provide folks, feel free to respond
> privately if you so wish.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> --
> Stefan Fouant