[j-nsp] Protecting the MX80

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Sat Sep 24 13:17:19 EDT 2011

Hello,

I'm fairly green /w Juniper routing products so I wanted to find out what kinds of weaknesses the MX80 RP/Control plane has and what needs to be covered/rate-limited/disabled.

For example I have assigned iACLs that protect the router from outside packets directed to the router itself, but most modern routers have problems with certain types of traffic that pass through the router.

I am trying to figure out what kinds of rate-limits etc I need to apply to protect the CPU/control plane.

Does anyone have any real world experience with this?

thanks,
-Drew